Sunday, February 26, 2012

After Obsession

"Aimee and Alan have secrets. Both teens have unusual pasts and abilities they prefer to keep hidden. But when they meet each other, in a cold Maine town, they can't stop their secrets from spilling out. Strange things have been happening lately, and they both feel that something-someone is haunting them. They're wrong. Despite their unusual history and powers, its neither Aimee or Alan who is truly haunted. Its Alan's cousin Courtney who, in a desperate plea to find her missing father,has invited a demon into her life and into her body. Only together can Aimee and Alan exorcise the ghost. And they have to move quickly before it devours not just Courtney, but everything around her."

I like creepy novels about the paranormal. I was also a fan of Nora Jones, Need series, so when I found this book on my many book seeking hunts, I figured I had nothing to lose. It is has a nice quick pace that draws you in and a hint of mystery that makes you try to unravel what the deal is in this sleepy Maine town. There are plot twists to keep your interest and add a dash of demon possession and voile, you have a hard time putting down the book. I ended up reading it in a couple of hours. I found it to be quite entertaining. I liked the supernatural twist, the teen angst, and the angry demon a.ka. The River Man, looking for revenge and causing all kinds of havoc and deaths within our unsuspecting town. With that said, there are parts that seem to be a bit unreal, I mean our heroine is dating her boyfriend for years and then she dumps him like a cold sack of potatoes when he goes all bipolar on her thanks to the demons influence. We have some Native American lore that is interspersed within the novel and the fact that we have a hero who represents the Navajo culture, is quite different. Is this book, an absolutely must get...not really in my opinion, but if you want a quick, easy read and like getting spooked a bit then you won't be disappointed. I found the relationships a bit unbelievable, but I'm a cynic in this department, and the relationship between the cousins seemed a bit rushed. Even so, if you come across this novel, take a chance, you will be left entertained even if some parts don't quite mesh that well.

No comments:

Post a Comment